2024 US Presidential Elections: Biden pushes team to spotlight Trump's provocative comments
Washington: US President Joe Biden instructed the staff of his 2024 reelection campaign to ramp up attacks on former US President Donald Trump’s public statements, CNN reported, citing two sources familiar with the directive.
Biden told senior campaign staff to bring more attention to what Trump says, the report said on Tuesday.
One senior campaign adviser reportedly said that Biden’s team has been surprised by how many voters view Trump’s presidency through “rose-coloured glasses” and is trying to remind the public of the former officeholder’s more contentious moments.
“Donald Trump is the polar opposite of everything President Biden stands for and has accomplished since he took office, and the campaign’s top priority over the next nine months will be laying out that stark choice for voters,” Biden campaign rapid response director Ammar Moussa said in a statement.
Last week, the Biden campaign launched a new advertisement attacking Trump for his stances on NATO, which include encouraging other countries to pay more into the alliance.
The advertisement criticised Trump’s position as dangerous and un-American and highlighted Biden’s commitment to NATO.
(With UNI/Sputnik inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

