Afghanistan: Taliban bans women from taking university entrance examinations
Kabul: The Taliban administrators of Afghanistan have issued a new decree by which they banned female students from taking university entrance exams this year in all public and private universities, media reports said on Sunday.
In a fresh announcement, Afghanistan’s Ministry of Higher Education,which is currently run by Taliban insurgents since capturing the control of the nation in 2021, has announced a complete ban on female students’ enrollment in educational institutions effective from Saturday, January 28, 2023, reports Khaama Press.
The statement reads that private universities are requested to adhere to the rule and regulations of the ruling regime and avoid violating the latest decree restricting the admission of female students in private universities, otherwise, they will be penalized accordingly.
The Taliban insurgents have announced several measures to ban women from education and deprived them from several rights since coming to power.
Barring girls and young women from classrooms in Afghanistan could wipe out huge gains made in education and create “a lost generation”, the UN’s educational and cultural organization, UNESCO, had earlier warned.
The agency announced on Thursday that it was dedicating the International Day of Education on 24 January, to the country’s women and girls.
“No country in the world should bar women and girls from receiving an education. Education is a universal human right that must be respected,” said Director-General Audrey Azoulay.
“The international community has the responsibility to ensure that the rights of Afghan girls and women are restored without delay. The war against women must stop,” she added.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

