Afghanistan: Taliban conducts first public execution since returning to power last year
Kabul: The Taliban ruled Afghanistan government has conducted the first public execution since coming to power in the country last year.
The de facto government of Afghanistan publicly executed a man named Tajmir convicted of a murder at a crowded football stadium in South-Western Farah province earlier today, where a number of the group’s top ministers and leaders attended the execution, reports Khaama Press.
Enforcing the Sharia law has been the foremost priority of the rolling government, as the verdict was issued by the Taliban’s supreme leader Haibatullah Akhundzada last month. The punishment includes public executions, public amputations, and stoning, the news agency reported.
The group snatched power in Afghanistan last year after they took control over Kabul on Aug 15, removing the earlier government.
According to reports, several Taliban leaders witnessed the execution.
The father of the victim shot the man three times during the execution, a later statement from the Taliban spokesperson told BBC.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

