Australia starts operating security apparatus after India warns over growing Khalistani activities
Canberra: A core group of the Australian security agency is currently looking into the concerns raised by the Indian government over the growing Khalistani divisive activities in multiple capital cities.
The Australia Today reported that this core group is focusing on evidence gathering at the movement to finalise an action plan in a meeting due before the Christmas holidays.
Earlier in a meeting with Foreign Minister Penny Wong and Home Affairs Minister Claire O’Neil, the Indian government officials presented a document that included The Australia Today’s coverage of Khalistani propaganda in Australia and accounts of concerns of the Indian Australian community members.
Officials close to the developments who do not want to be named for security reasons told The Australia Today, “Allegations of some overseas players entering into Australia and running a malicious campaign with elements of possibly violent past are very concerning to us.”
The Australia Today can reveal that the Department of Home Affairs is examining the visa conditions of some Khalistani overseas players who are actively involved in a proposed Khalistan referendum to be held in Melbourne.
The Australia Today also understands that the question of religious vilification will also be examined by the core group involved in evidence gathering as Khalistani propaganda social media accounts in a changed strategy are widely and deliberately targeting the Australian Hindu community.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

