Body found inside vehicle linked to California mass shooting: Reports
Washington: A SWAT team has breached a white van linked to the mass shooting in California and found a body inside, ABC News reports.
Earlier on Sunday, US media reported that two vehicles of the US special services had surrounded a white van, which possibly contained the suspect in the Monterey Park shooting that left 10 people killed and 10 others injured.
According to ABC, a body could be seen on the driver’s seat of the van involved in the police standoff that lasted for over two hours on Sunday.
NBC reported citing two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation that the man found dead inside the white cargo van was described as "possibly" being the suspect.
According to US media reports, the man involved in the standoff, which ended with law enforcement officers breaking one of the van's windows and opening the doors, may have shot himself.
The standoff occurred at the intersection of Hawthorne and Sepulveda in the city of Torrance, California. The white van is reportedly linked to a separate incident in the neighboring city of Alhambra, where a gunman, presumably the same suspect, was disarmed by bystanders at a ballroom and then fled the scene in the vehicle, according to ABC.
No injuries were reported following the Alhambra incident, which occurred about 20-30 minutes after the Monterey Park shooting.
A weapon was discovered at the scene, police said, adding that it could be the same firearm used in Monterey Park. Nonetheless, Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said on Sunday that he could not confirm whether the man involved in the Alhambra incident was the Monterey gunman.
Late on Saturday, January 21, a gunman opened fire at a local dance studio in the city of Monterey Park, located east of Los Angeles, killing 10 people and injuring 10 others. He then fled the scene.
The incident occurred at the end of the first day of a two-day street festival to celebrate Lunar New Year.
The City of Monterey Park cancelled the rest of the Chinese New Year celebrations following the mass shooting.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

