Cairo talks for Gaza truce 'difficult', says Egyptian official
There are difficulties in the negotiations hosted by Egypt to reach a truce between Israel and the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the Gaza Strip, Egypt's Al-Qahera News TV reported Tuesday.
The report, citing a high-ranking Egyptian official who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the negotiations for a humanitarian truce in Gaza are difficult, but were still ongoing.
The source did not reveal the nature of these difficulties or details of the items in dispute between Israel and Hamas.
Meanwhile, in statements to Xinhua, official Egyptian sources denied media reports that the talks in Cairo had failed, noting that the negotiations were continuing.
The sources noted that the Hamas delegation is still in Cairo to discuss solutions for reaching a truce, revealing that Hamas submitted proposals that are currently being presented to Israel.
The sources pointed out that the United States is also pressuring Israel to accept a truce during the month of Ramadan.
Since Sunday, Egypt has been hosting a new round of discussions to reach a calm in the Gaza Strip, with the participation of delegations from Qatar, the United States and the Gaza-ruling Hamas movement.
Israel waged a massive military campaign on Gaza after Hamas attacked Israeli towns, killed about 1,200, and took over 200 as hostages on Oct. 7, 2023.
Since then, the Israeli retaliation has killed over 30,000 Palestinians and wounded more than 70,000, according to Gaza's health ministry.
(With UNI Inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

