Canadian Association of Journalists launches its fourth annual Newsroom Diversity Survey
Toronto/IBNS: The Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) has launched its fourth consecutive year's Newsroom Diversity Survey.
“The 2023 diversity survey set a high-bar as it collected the most comprehensive sample of newsroom demographic data ever compiled in Canadian media history. Our challenge for 2024 is ambitious: to gather more and more data to better understand the progress being made by industry to ensure that newsrooms reflect the diversity, equity, and inclusiveness of the communities they serve,” Brent Jolly, CAJ president said.
6,035 journalists working in 273 newsrooms were included in last year’s survey to gather data.
To strengthen the administration of the survey including hiring a part-time diversity survey officer who works to increase the number of newsrooms participating, the Canadian Race Relations Foundation has generously provided three years of funding.
The deadline for newsrooms to complete the 2024 survey is May 15.
Canada’s largest national professional organization for journalists from all media, CAJ with its primary roles to provide high-quality professional development for its members and public-interest advocacy, represents members across the country.
(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

