Donald Trump warns of 'bloodbath' if not elected in US presidential election: Report
Vandalia (United States): Former US President Donald Trump, who is the Republican nominee for November's presidential election, warned of a "bloodbath" if he is not elected in the middle of comments about threats to the US auto industry, media reports said.
Addressing a rally in Ohio on Saturday, Trump said that November's presidential election will be the "most important date," repeating that his campaign for the White House will be the turning point for the country, AFP reported.
"The date -- remember this, November 5 -- I believe it's going to be the most important date in the history of our country," the 77-year-old said rally-goers in Vandalia, Ohio.
He iterated his criticisms that his opponent, President Joe Biden, is the "worst" president, said the report.
Trump said China wouldn’t be able to make cars in Mexico and sell them in the US if he was elected the president in the elections.
According to the report, he stated: "They're not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected.
"Now if I don't get elected it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole, that's going to be the least of it, it's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That'll be the least of it. But they're not going to sell those cars."
As Trump's comment garnered attention on social media, Biden's campaign reacted, calling the Republican a "loser" at the ballot box in 2020 who then "doubles down on his threats of political violence."
"He wants another January 6 but the American people are going to give him another electoral defeat this November because they continue to reject his extremism, his affection for violence, and his thirst for revenge," the campaign said, referring to the violence unleashed on the US Capitol by Trump supporters in 2021.
"Freedom is under assault... The lies about the 2020 election, the plot to overturn it, to embrace the Jan. 6 insurrection pose the greatest threat to our democracy since the American Civil War," he said.
"In 2020, they failed, but ... the threat remains."
The 81-year-old, dismissing concerns about his age for a second term, tempered his speech with humour.
Earlier this month, Trump and Biden secured sufficient delegates to secure their respective party nominations in the 2024 presidential race, virtually guaranteeing a rematch and paving the way for one of the lengthiest election campaigns in US history.
Meanwhile, Trump's campaign is revolving around Biden's "horror show" immigration policies, which promises to change with “sweeping reforms.”
In Saturday’s rally, he reached out to minority voters, who have traditionally voted Democrats.
He said Biden had "repeatedly stabbed African-American voters in the back" by issuing work permits to "millions" of immigrants, cautioning that such a policy would harm them and Hispanic Americans “the most."
For decades, Ohio had been regarded as a crucial battleground state, though its Republican lean has intensified since Trump's victory in the White House in 2016.
The rally happened one day after Trump's former vice president, Mike Pence, announced that he would not endorse his previous boss for a second term in the White House.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

