Fundraising investigation: FBI seize NYC mayor Eric Adams' phones
The FBI has seized the phones of New York City Mayor Eric Adams as part of an investigation related to campaign fundraising violations.
The agents seized the phones and an iPad earlier this week pursuant to a court authorized search warrant, a person familiar with the matter told CNN.
The search was first reported by the New York Times, which said the probe centred on whether the campaign had conspired with the Turkish government to receive illegal foreign donations, reported BBC.
The Mayor has denied all wrongdoings.
Boyd Johnson, a lawyer for the mayor's campaign organisation, said the FBI approached Adams.
"After learning of the federal investigation, it was discovered that an individual had recently acted improperly. In the spirit of transparency and cooperation, this behaviour was immediately and proactively reported to investigators. The Mayor has been and remains committed to cooperating in this matter," Adams' campaign attorney Boyd Johnson told CBS News.
"On Monday night, the FBI approached the mayor after an event. The Mayor immediately complied with the FBI's request and provided them with electronic devices. The mayor has not been accused of any wrongdoing and continues to cooperate with the investigation," Johnson said.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

Massive U-turn! Mamata Banerjee finally bows to Centre’s Waqf law after months of fierce resistance

Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

