German police strike against child porn platforms
Berlin: After years of investigations, German police in Bavaria have clamped down on an international child pornography ring and shut down three darknet platforms.
Six suspects were arrested in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany, the Bavarian State Criminal Police Office (BLKA) and the federal state's Central Office for Cybercrime (ZCB) said in a statement on Friday.
The suspects are believed to have worked as administrators, programmers or moderators of the platforms, according to the German authorities. All arrests were made last year.
The illegal darknet sites had been used by several thousand people in Germany and abroad. They wrote around 120,000 posts and distributed more than 20,000 images and videos of child pornography per month.
A 22-year-old moderator of the illegal platform, who was arrested in Germany at the end of last year, remains in pre-trial custody.
In addition to the six arrested main suspects, more than 30 users of the platforms and consumers of "relevant media content" in Germany and abroad were identified by BLKA's undercover investigators.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

