In first message after surgery, Kate, UK's Princess of Wales, thanks public for support
London: Kate, the UK's Princess of Wales, conveyed gratitude to the public for their support in her first public communication after her abdominal surgery in January.
She shared a photo, clicked by her husband Prince William, the heir to the throne, looking cheerful and in good health with her three children—Princes George and Louis and Princess Charlotte.
"Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months," Kate wrote in a message on X. "Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day."
Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months.
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) March 10, 2024
Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day. C
📸 The Prince of Wales, 2024 pic.twitter.com/6DywGBpLLQ
Britain celebrates Mother's Day on Sunday.
According to her Kensington Palace office, the photo was taken earlier this week in Windsor, where the family resides.
Kate, 42, underwent surgery for a non-cancerous condition in January, spending two weeks in the hospital, according to a Reuters report.
She hasn't been publicly seen since then, and Kensington Palace stated that she's not expected to resume official duties until after Easter, which is at the end of this month, it said.
In recent weeks, there has been speculation and rumours circulating on social media about the princess's health, as she has been absent from public royal engagements since Christmas Day.
Earlier this month, her office reaffirmed that it would only issue "significant updates" regarding her recovery.
Kate underwent surgery on the same day palace officials announced that King Charles, 75, would be hospitalized for treatment for an enlarged prostate.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

