Israel to destroy Hamas members, bring back hostages: PM Benjamin Netanyahu
Jerusalem/IBNS Israel will destroy all members of the Hamas movement and bring back hostages that were captured during the October 7 attack, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday.
"There is no place in Gaza that we cannot reach. ... We will get there, defeat Hamas and bring home our hostages — these are our two holy missions," Netanyahu said during a visit to Israel’s training base in Zikim.
He said that Israeli forces would get to every Hamas militant in every corner of the Gaza Strip.
The prime minister also said that he held another phone conversation with US President Joe Biden on Tuesday, adding that Israel “will destroy Hamas and achieve complete victory."
The United States earlier said it has intelligence information to believe that Hamas members run a command-and-control centre under the Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.
"Hamas and the Palestinian — Palestinian Islamic Jihad — PIJ — members operate a command-and-control node from Al-Shifa in Gaza City," National Security spokesman John Kirby told reporters.
"They have stored weapons there, and they’re prepared to respond to an Israeli military operation against that facility," Kirby said.
The Israel Defence Forces earlier in the day said its troops are carrying out a precise and targeted operation against Hamas members in a specified area in the Al-Shifa Hospital.
In a statement posted on X, IDF said: "The IDF is conducting a ground operation in Gaza to defeat Hamas and rescue our hostages. Israel is at war with Hamas, not with the civilians in Gaza."
🔴 Operational Update:
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) November 15, 2023
IDF forces are carrying out a precise and targeted operation against Hamas in a specified area in the Shifa Hospital, based on intelligence information and an operational necessity.
The IDF is conducting a ground operation in Gaza to defeat Hamas and…
Meanwhile, Kirby has called for the protection of hospitals and patients.
"Now, to be clear, we do not support striking a hospital from the air, and we do not want to see a firefight in the hospital where innocent people, helpless people, sick people are simply trying to get the medical care that they deserve — not to be caught in a crossfire. Hospitals and patients must be protected," he said.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

