Kate Middleton apologises for editing her Mother's Day photo
London/IBNS: Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, Monday apologised and admitted to having edited an official Mother's Day portrait of her released by the palace after AFP and other agencies withdrew the image.
In a statement, Kate said: "Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C."
Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) March 11, 2024
Kate, 42, has not been seen in public since attending a Christmas Day church service, and underwent abdominal surgery in January, fuelling speculation online about her health.
To dismiss any health rumours, her Kensington Palace office on Sunday shared her photo looking cheerful and in good health with her three children—Princes George and Louis and Princess Charlot.
The photo was said to be taken by her husband Prince William, the heir to the throne after King Charles III.
Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months.
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) March 10, 2024
Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day. C
📸 The Prince of Wales, 2024 pic.twitter.com/6DywGBpLLQ
However, questions were raised about the portrait as discrepancies were pointed over Charlotte's left hand being misaligned with the sleeve of her cardigan and a missing part of her sleeve.
The eight-year-old princess's hair ended abruptly on her shoulder while Kate's zip was lighter than elsewhere.
AFP, Getty, the Associated Press (AP) and Reuters all have policies about distributing manipulated images, and pulled it, despite initially publishing the photograph provided by Kensington Palace.
Britain's domestic Press Association withdrew the image on Monday noting "the absence of clarification" about the image from Kensington Palace.
Within minutes of PA announcing its decision, the palace issued a statement on X (formerly Twitter), signed by "C" for Catherine.
Britain celebrated Mother's Day on Sunday.
Kate, 42, underwent surgery for a non-cancerous condition in January, spending two weeks in the hospital, according to a Reuters report.
She hasn't been publicly seen since then, and Kensington Palace stated that she's not expected to resume official duties until after Easter, which is at the end of this month, it said.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

