Multiple attacks rock Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Multiple attacks, which are believed to be terror incidents, rocked different parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Thurs­day night, media reports said on Friday.
However, the military or the security agencies have not confirmed the incidents or the casualty figure.
A powerful explosion, followed by several blasts and heavy gunfire, rocked Lakki Marwat city on Thursday night, official sources told Dawn News.
Sources told the newspaper that the blast took place near the Government Postgraduate College, which houses security forces and a military camp.
Residents said that after the first explosion, several other blasts were also heard, followed by heavy gunfire, which partially damaged houses in the settled area.
People came out of their homes after the first blast shook the area, but subsequent explosions and gunfire drove them indoors.
Citing preliminary reports, sources said militants had attacked a military compound late in the night. “It was a bomb and gun attack,” they said, adding that troops retaliated and a fierce gunbattle continued for about an hour.
The management of the district headquarters hospital called doctors and paramedics to duty to cope with any possible emergency.
A hospital staffer said that doctors and paramedics were put on alert, but no victim had been brought to the facility thus far.
Muhammad Ashfaq Khan, Lakki Marwat’s district police officer, told Dawn that the exchange of fire stopped and no casualty had been reported until going to print.
“All installations of the army and police are safe,” he said, adding that security had been beefed up across the district after the attack.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

