Nepal: Chinese tourist disappears after staying in Kathmandu hotel for two months without settling bills
A Chinese national has disappeared without settling his bill after staying in Kathmandu's Hotel Sapana Garden for two months.
The incident has left the hotel owner, Devendra Basnet, in a state of financial distress, reports pardafas.
According to Basnet, Jun Li had stayed at Hotel Sapana Garden for an extended period, exceeding two months, before abruptly leaving without paying a total of 120,000 rupees for his accommodation and meals.
He said the tourist disappeared a week ago.
“Jun Li had been staying alone in a hotel room for more than two months, accumulating a substantial unpaid balance. He used to spend his entire day in the room and venture out during the night,” he told the news portal.
Basnet said, “We sealed off the old room and transferred the guest to a new room, with the intention of allowing access to the old room only once payment was made.”
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

