Pakistan: Security clears Karachi police chief's office, 3 terrorists killed, TTP claims responsibility
Islamabad/IBNS: The office of Karachi police chief in the southern Pakistani city's Sharea Faisal region, which came under attack on Friday evening, has been cleared. Three terrorists have been killed in the combat operations, said reports.
Karachi Police Chief was present inside the premises when the terrorists attacked the premises around 7.10 PM.
“I can so far confirm that the Karachi Police Office (KPO) building has been cleared. Three terrorists have been neutralised,” Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab posted on Twitter at 10:42 pm.
I can so far confirm that the KPO building has been cleared. 3 terrorists have been neutralised
— Murtaza Wahab Siddiqui (@murtazawahab1) February 17, 2023
Speaking to Geo News separately, he reiterated that the building had been secured.
He said that the bomb disposal squad was checking if the jackets worn by the terrorists were rigged to detonate.
Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the incident, said reports.
The terrorists were armed with heavy weapons, grenades and explosives.
DIG East Muqaddas Haider, who was among the senior officers leading the operation, told Dawn.com, that there were a total of three attackers who arrived at the KPO in a Corolla.
Terrorists Ambush Karachi Police Office
— India Blooms (@indiablooms) February 17, 2023
Karachi Police Chief's office is under attack. Attackers Sormed Karachi Police Chief Office Building. Exchange Of Heavy Firing Is Still Underway. Pakistan Rangers & Elite Police Force Reached — Cordoned Off The Area*#karachi pic.twitter.com/AQBPeTCvu5
Haider said that one of the attackers blew himself up on the building’s fourth floor while two others were shot dead by the forces on the roof.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the Karachi police said that all three terrorists who attacked the KPO had been killed in the operation.
The spokesperson said that this was a “major operation” in which senior police officials, including the South and East DIGs, had participated alongside the Rangers and the army.
According to reports, 14 people have been injured in the incident.
The latest information is that 4 people were martyred (2 policemen, 1 rangers & 1 civilian) while 14 people are injured, who are being treated. Out of the injured 1 person is critical while the condition of 13 injured persons is stable.
— Murtaza Wahab Siddiqui (@murtazawahab1) February 17, 2023
During the operations, heavy gunfire and explosions were heard outside the premises on Friday.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had earlier in the evening taken cognisance of the situation and directed the relevant DIGs to send personnel from their zones.
“I want the perpetrators behind the attack on the additional IGs office to be arrested,” he said.
The Saddar police station, located next to the police chief’s office, had also issued a statement saying it had come under attack.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

