Pakistan: Security forces bust suicide bombers network
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces reportedly busted a network of suicide bombers, local media reported Saturday.
Local media quoting security officials reported that the security agencies conducted a series of operations during the last week after getting intelligence reports about the presence of a network of suicide bombers.
The operations were conducted in the aftermath of a suicide bombing at a check post in the Jamrud area of Khyber district in the country's northwest Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on January 19, which killed three policemen.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack.
Following the attack, security forces started an operation to trace the perpetrators and facilitators.
Modern technology, geo-fencing and the closed-circuit television footage revealed that a terrorist of the TTP identified as Umar was involved in the suicide attack, said the reports.
During an intelligence-based operation on January 23, the security forces arrested two terrorists, who gave a tip to the forces to conduct two more operations on Friday leading to the arrest of four suicide bombers, added the reports.
The security forces also confiscated a big cache of weapons, ammunition, and explosive materials from the terrorist group.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

