Pakistan: Water supply and sanitation company workers demonstrate over non-payment of salary
Workers of the water supply and sanitation company in Pakistan recently demonstrated non-payment of salary for the second consecutive day in Kohat region on Thursday.
Amid the protest, piles of garbage have piled up alongside the roads and markets.
Local leaders and business community members also joined the protest.
The deputy commissioner called the WSSC’s chief executive officer, Mohammad Arif, and tehsil municipal officer Mohammad Shoib to his office but the issue remained unresolved, reported Dawn News.
The workers claimed they have not been paid for the past three months and this has been a regular episode since 2016.
WSSC Union president Sohail Ahmad declined the deputy commissioner’s offer for talks and called for the immediate payment of dues in a lump sum, reported Dawn News.
He said the WSSC had been partially paying salary to workers for seven years.
Ahmad said the workers decided not to suspend water supply at the request of the leaders of the business community.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

