Pakistani court indicts former PM Imran Khan, wife Bushra Bibi over 'un-Islamic' nikah case
A court in Pakistan indicted the country's former Prime Minister Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi in a case of solemnising their marriage against Islamic laws, media reports said.
Imran Khan, who is also country's cricket legend, was removed from power in 2022.
According to reports, Imran and his wife have denied all charges in the case registered by Bushra's former husband, Khawar Maneka, last month.
Senior Civil Judge Qudratullah read out the charges in the court set up in Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail, with the PTI founder in presence, reported Geo News.
Bushra did not appear in the court.
During the hearing, the Pakistani court expressed displeasure about Bushra’s absence and questioned how she could leave without the court’s permission.
Her lawyer reportedly said she remained absent as she went to hospital for ill health.
Meanwhile, the prosecution objected to Bushra's medical report saying that it fails to mention any particular treatment — that the accused has gone through, reported Geo News.
"You are repeatedly seeking exemption [from appearing before the court] by submitting medical reports," the court said.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

