Pakistan's Balochistan facing severe financial crisis: Reports
Quetta: Balochistan is facing a financial crisis for the last three months as it has not received its share of Rs11 billion under the National Finance Commission (NFC) award, a key official of the province has said.
Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo and Finance Minister Zamrak Khan Piralizai have repeatedly drawn the attention of the federal government to the province’s predicament, but the centre has made no response so far, reports Dawn News.
The province reportedly did not receive any money from Islamabad for flood relief as well.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had announced a grant of Rs10 billion for rehabilitation and reconstruction of infrastructure in flood-ravaged regions, but Balochistan’s finance department laments it hasn’t received anything under the head so far, reports the Pakistani newspaper.
The provincial government had to spend “huge amounts” on relief and rehabilitation from its own resources, an official told Dawn.
Farah Azeem Shah, a spokesperson for the provincial government, said at a press conference the province was woefully short of funds and unless the federal government released its dues worth Rs75 billion, it won’t be able to pay salaries to its employees.
She accused Islamabad of holding back the money on purpose, calling for the release of funds “as soon as possible”. “Otherwise, the province will meet with disaster.”
The spokesperson said a major chunk of the provincial government’s funds were spent on law and order.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

