Pakistan's envoy resumes diplomatic duties in Iran
Tehran: Pakistan's Ambassador to Iran, Muhammad Mudassir Tipu, left Islamabad on Friday for Iran's capital to resume his diplomatic duties, according to Iran's official news agency, IRNA.
Announcing his return in a post on social media platform X, Mudassir Tipu said he was en route to Tehran in "conformity with the sincere and good wishes of Pakistan's leadership."
"A strong Pakistan and Iran were critical for the region and to promote historic people-to-people ties," and it was "time to turn a new leaf," he noted.
In a joint press statement on Monday, Iran and Pakistan said they had mutually agreed that both countries' ambassadors would return to their respective posts by Friday.
The statement added that the decision had been made following the telephone conversation between Pakistani Foreign Minister Jalil Abbas Jilani and his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amir-Abdollahian.
It said that Amir-Abdollahian would also pay a visit to Pakistan on January 29 at the invitation of Abbas Jilani.
Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan Reza Amiri Moqaddam, who had left for Iran on January 16, would also most probably return to Pakistan on Friday, according to the Iranian Students' News Agency.
On January 18, Pakistan carried out a missile strike on a border village in the southeastern Iranian province of Sistan and Baluchestan.
Also Read: Pakistan hits 'terrorist centres' in Iran after Tehran's airstrikes in Balochistan
The Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned the Pakistani charge d'affaires in Tehran later in the day to voice Iran's official protest against Pakistan's military move.
The Pakistani strikes came after an Iranian attack killed two children and injured another three in Pakistan's Balochistan province. Pakistan condemned "Iran's violation of its airspace" and recalled its ambassador from Iran.
(With UNI/Xinhua inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

