PIA fined after air hostess lands in Canada without passport
Pakistan International Airline (PIA), the national carrier of the country, was slapped with a hefty fine after an air hostess reached Canada without a passport.
Sources told ARY News that the air hostess was assigned to duty on flight PK-781 from Islamabad to Toronto when the unprecedented incident unfolded.
Avoiding the standard passport requirement, she travelled from Islamabad to Toronto by relying solely on PIA General Declaration documents.
The national carrier imposed the fine following the breach after the flight attendant was allowed to arrive in Canada without the required documents.
In a statement, the PIA spokesperson confirmed that the carrier has been fined $250 for the incident, underscoring the seriousness of the violation. However, it denied reports suggesting that the air hostess intended to seek political asylum upon landing in Canada, reported Ary News.
PIA air hostesses go missing
More than 10 PIA air hostesses went missing in Canada in the past two years.
Earlier on March 1, another PIA cabin crew member went missing in Canada, the national airline spokesman confirmed to Ary News.
The flight steward was identified as Jibran Baloch.
He was supposed to come back to PIA flight PK-782 in Toronto on February 29.
He did not turn up for work on the flight back to Pakistan.
Another female air hostess, who was identified as Maryam Raza, also went missing from a Canadian hotel.
After she went missing, authorities searched her hotel room and her uniform was recovered with a message that read: "Thank you, PIA.”
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

