Putin denies election meddling; ready to work with any US president
Moscow: Russia is not interfering in any elections and will work with any elected US president, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an interview with Rossiya Segodnya Director General Dmitry Kiselev for the Rossiya 1 broadcaster and RIA Novosti.
Last month, when asked who is better for Russia among possible future US leaders—Biden or Trump—Putin said in an interview with Rossiya 1 reporter Pavel Zarubin that it would be Biden as he is "more experienced" and "more predictable," and he is "a strong politician."
The Russian leader added that Moscow will work "with any US leader who is trusted by the American people."
"We do not interfere in any way in any elections. And, as I have said many times, we will work with any leader who is trusted by the American people—the American voter," Putin said.
Commenting on the 2024 election cycle in the US, the president said that it is becoming increasingly uncivilised and that the US political system cannot claim to be democratic.
(With UNI/Sputnik inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

