Road mishap involving 15 cars in UK leaves 34 people hurt
At least 34 people have been injured in a rush hour road accident involving 15 vehicles at the M23 motorway in the United Kingdom, UK's Sussex Police has said.
"The southbound carriageway of the M23 has reopened after a collision involving multiple vehicles. Junctions 10 and 11 northbound remain closed. Around 34 people are being treated by the ambulance service, with no life-threatening injuries," the police said in a post on X on Friday.
Earlier in the day, the motorway was closed both ways between junctions 10 and 11 after the collision, the police said.
Emergency services responded to calls at 5:40 p.m. GMT, and medics were treating multiple casualties on-site.
UK's South East Coast Ambulance said on X earlier on Friday that several ambulances had been dispatched to the crash site at the motorway near the village of Pease Pottage. The service added that four people had been taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while approximately 30 people were being assessed for minor injuries at the site.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

