Romanian court rules controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan can be extradited to the UK
A Romanian court has ruled that controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan, who were detained in Romania over sex offence charges in the UK, can be extradited to Britain.
Andrew Tate, 37, and Tristan, 35, were detained from Bucharest.
The brothers can be extradited only after the conclusion of their separate trial in Romania on human trafficking charges, a judge ruled as quoted by BBC.
Andrew Tate, who is followed by a significant number of followers on social media, and his brother have been released from custody.
Speaking outside court Andrew Tate told BBC: "We are very innocent men and in time everybody is going to see that. We are excited to finish this judicial process and clear our names."
They have been kept under judicial control in Romania which will prevent them from travelling outside the country.
Before the Romanian court granted extradition, Bedfordshire Police confirmed it had obtained the arrest warrant for two men in their 30s as part of an investigation into allegations of rape and human trafficking.
"We understand this is a distressing subject, and people may be impacted by what they are seeing in the news," the force said in a statement as quoted by BBC.
Romanian authorities are probing separate allegations against them which include rape, human trafficking and forming a criminal gang.
The brothers were arrested by Romanian authorities in December 2022 and were placed under house arrest in Voluntari city.
The house arrest was lifted in August last year but they were prevented from leaving the nation.
Who is Andrew Tate?
Tate is an American-British social media personality, businessman, and former professional kickboxer.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

