Twenty die in Ukraine's Odesa following Russian missile strike
At least 20 people died after a Russian missile strike hit a civilian infrastructure in the Ukrainian city of Odesa, media reports said.
After the first missile struck Odesa Friday morning, killing and wounding civilians, Ukrainian emergency service personnel who had rushed to the scene were then caught in a second strike, in an attack known as a “double tap” used by Russia throughout more than two years of its war in Ukraine, reported CNN.
“This is the first time a double attack has happened in Odesa region,” Maryna Averina, a spokeswoman for the State Emergency Service in Odesa, told CNN.
“First responders arrived at the site of the strike and immediately began to extinguish the fire, clearing the rubble and searching for victims. And then there was a second missile strike,” she said, adding that eight rescuers had been killed.
50-year-old Maria Slisovska said she was at her home when the missiles hit.
“At first our windows were still intact. Then about five minutes later there was a second blast. The ceilings were damaged. In the kitchen, plaster fell from the ceilings. Thank God my mom wasn’t in the kitchen at that moment,” she told CNN.
“The second hit blew the windows out. Then the ambulances started coming in. And then there was a strike after the paramedics arrived. The guys were dead. There were people covered in blood. We are now clearing the glass," she said.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky describes strikes as 'heinous'.
"Two missiles were fired, with the second hitting rescuers and medics who had arrived at the scene of the first strike," he said.
Five injured in Ukrainian drone attack on moving car in Russia
Five people were injured in a Ukrainian drone attack on a moving car in Russia's Belgorod Region, Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said as quoted by Sputnik.
"A car moving along the road was attacked by the Armed Forces of Ukraine using a kamikaze drone. The incident occurred in the village of Glotovo, Grayvoronsky urban district. As a result of the explosion, the car caught fire, five people in it were injured," Gladkov wrote on Telegram.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

