Afghanistan: Central Bank to soon ban use of Pakistani currency
The Central Bank of Afghanistan may soon ban the use of Pakistani currency in Pakistani currency (Rupee) in the southwestern provinces of the country.
The bank also asked citizens to cease their commercial transactions using the Pakistani currency.
The Central Bank has initiated the promotion of the Afghani currency in the country’s southwestern region since last week, reports Khaama Press.
Residents in the southwestern region have been given two-and-a-half months to conduct their commercial transactions using the Afghani currency, the Afghanistan-based news agency reported.
The bank’s announcement explicitly warns residents of the provinces of Kandahar, Uruzgan, Helmand, Zabul, and Dykundi to conduct their trading and transactions by using Afghanistani currency.
The announcement said after the specified date all transactions made with foreign currencies will be deemed illegal.
The bank warned strict action would be taken against violators.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

