Afghanistan: Parents once again urge Taliban to reopen schools for girls
Kabul: Several Afghanistani parents and students have urged the Taliban authorities, the group which has been forcefully ruling the country since August 2021, to reopen secondary schools for girls, media reports said.
The schools have remained shut for the past 544 days since the Taliban imposed a ban on them.
Parents of the students expressed concern for their children’s future and urged the authorities to allow their daughters to return to school, reports Khaama Press.
Families said that the closure of schools had led to increased psychiatric disorders in their daughters and asked for the reopening of the school beyond the sixth grade on March 21 to begin the new academic year.
Interestingly, the Taliban government has said the ban imposed on girls’ education was temporary and that they would permit it once the environment was appropriate.
However, no such move has been seen so far.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

