Blast near police van in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region leaves five people dead
A blast near a police van in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region on Monday left at least five police officials dead.
The blast was reported left 27 people injured.
District Police Officer (DPO) Kashif Zulfiqar confirmed the casualties to Dawn.com.
According to Bajaur police spokesperson Israr Ahmed, the officials were on their way to provide security to polio teams as a vaccination campaign was underway in the region, the newspaper reported.
Wazir Khan Safi, the medical superintendent at Khar District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ), told Dawn News that 12 of the wounded were being treated at the hospital while 10 others seriously injured had been referred to a Peshawar medical facility.
Malakand Division Commissioner Saqib Raza polio campaign in the area was suspended following the blast.
The outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has taken responsibility for the incident.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

