Brazilian actor Jefferson Machado, who went missing for several months, found dead in a trunk
Brazilian actor Jefferson Machado, who had been missing for nearly five months, was found dead in a trunk in Rio de Janeiro city.
His friend Cintia Hilsendeger confirmed the death and wrote on Instagarm.
“It is with great regret that we inform you that Jeff was found dead on 05/22/2023,” she wrote in the heartbreaking post as quoted by New York Post.
Authorities said that the body of the 44-year-old was discovered bound and stuffed inside a wooden chest, which had been encased in concrete and buried 6 feet beneath the backyard of a house in the Campo Grande neighborhood, G1 reportedas quoted by New York Post.
The attorney said that the corpse, which was identified using fingerprints, had a “line” on the neck, indicating that he was strangled.
Police have started investigating the matter.
The unidentified suspect, who reportedly knew Machado, was last seen entering the house around a month ago, reports New York Post.
“Jefferson was coldly and brutally murdered by envious, evil and, of course, unscrupulous people,” family friend Hilsendeger wrote on the actor’s Instagram account as quoted by the newspaper.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

