British Airways crew member collapses, dies in front of passengers mid-air
London: A British Airways flight attendant died after collapsing in front of passengers just as the aircraft was preparing to take off from London, media reports said.
The incident occurred on New Year's Eve at London's Heathrow Airport, moments before the flight to Hong Kong was scheduled to depart, reported The Sun.
The 52-year-old flight attendant tragically collapsed in the rear of the plane, which had already locked its doors, with passengers seated.
The flight attendant could not be revived despite efforts by a passenger trained in first aid and the pilot's urgent call for medical assistance, leading to the cancellation of the flight due to a "medical emergency," said the report,
"Sadly, despite the best efforts of our crew, a patient was pronounced dead at the scene," the London Ambulance Service said in a comment to Metro UK.
No further information about the crew member was provided. However, The Sun reported that he had no pre-existing health conditions.
The flight was postponed until the next day, with new pilots and crew taking over the responsibilities.
"Our thoughts are with our colleague's family and friends at this difficult time," British Airways told the outlet.
Fox News reported that this was the second instance of a British Airways flight attendant passing away in the past few weeks.
Another crew member, also aged 52, was discovered dead in his hotel room on December 23, between flights. As a result, the flight, scheduled from Newark to London, was cancelled.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

