Canada: 2 die during shooting at Ottawa wedding reception
At least two people died and six others were injured in a shooting incident at a wedding reception in Ottawa city of Canada on Saturday.
The Ottawa Police posted on X: "The Ottawa Police Service is investigating a Saturday night shooting that left two people deceased and a number of people injured."
@OttawaPolice statement regarding the incident:
— OPS Operations (@DutyInspector) September 3, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunday September 3rd 2023 1:45 AM
Homicide Investigation: Gibford Dr.
(Ottawa)— The Ottawa Police Service is investigating a Saturday night shooting that left two people deceased and a number of people…
Police said security personnel responded to the 2900 Block of Gibford Dr. at about 10:21 p.m. after reports of gunshots.
Meanwhile, the police identified the two deceased as Said Mohamed Ali, 26-years-old and Abdishakur Abdi-Dahir, 29-years-old.
"At this stage, there is no indication that this was a hate-motivated shooting," police said in a statement.
No arrests have been made so far.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

