Canada: Montreal Police investigate vandalization of at least 16 metro stations
Montreal/IBNS: Montreal Police are investigating a string of vandalism incidents overnight at more than a dozen Metro stations across the city.
Doors, walls and some bus stops at least 16 different stations were plastered with pro-Palestinian posters and some graffiti, Montreal's transit authority (STM) confirmed.
With continual rise of destruction and death toll in Gaza, many posters read, "Genocide in Palestine, Canada complicit", while some of the graffiti called for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war.
There were posters in support of people in Gaza this Sunday.
The police started receiving calls from commuters and residents around 5 a.m. on Tuesday, a half hour before trains started running.
No arrests have been made so far and the case has been transferred to the SPVM's Metro division.
Denouncing the vandalism, STM said in a statement that its maintenance teams have been deployed to remove the posters and the graffiti.
"Metro stations are the gateway to the daily lives of Montrealers and we will not tolerate them being vandalized," Montreal Mayor Valérie Plante wrote on Twitter.
(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

