China: Police arrest Chinese video game live-streaming platform DouYu CEO Chen Shaojie
Police have arrested the CEO of a prominent Chinese video game live-streaming platform DouYu, media reports said.
The arrested person was identified as Chen Shaojie. He is the CEO of DouYu.
DouYu (DOYU) said in a regulatory filing Tuesday that its chief, Chen Shaojie, had been arrested by police in the southwestern city of Chengdu on or around November 16. The company said it had only been informed of the arrest on Monday, reported CNN.
In a statement posted on Chinese social media on Wednesday, police in Chengdu said a 39-year-old man surnamed Chen was arrested on suspicion of opening a casino, the American newspaper reported.
The arrest of his news comes just two weeks after Cover News reported that he became unreachable.
Chen’s disappearance came about five months after the Cyberspace Administration of China launched an onsite inspection of DouYu to investigate what it called “serious” problems related to the platform, including alleged pornography and “vulgar” content, according to a May statement from the internet watchdog, reported CNN.
What is DouYu?
It is a Chinese video live-streaming service.
The site is the largest of its kind in China with 163.6 million monthly active users in 2019, as per Wikipedia page.
In July 2019, DouYu International Holdings Ltd raised $21 million through U.S. initial public offering (IPO) and it listed itself on the New York Stock Exchange (Nasdaq) with the stock symbol DOYU.
It was the largest IPO of any Chinese company on Wall Street in 2019.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

