China: Top military court chief removed after 8 months of service
PLA’s Military Court president Cheng Dongfang has been removed from his position just after eight months in service, according to China's national legislature.
The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) voted on a group of personnel changes, including the removal of Cheng, it said in a statement without elaborating, after a Friday meeting in Beijing, reports Nikkei Asia.
In December 2022, Cheng, a rear admiral in the PLA Navy, assumed the office of the president at the military court.
Before being appointed as the president of the military court, he was elected as a member of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection during the Communist Party's 20th National Congress in October last year.
Previously, he was the prosecutor-general of the PLA's military procuratorate in 2021 after serving less than a year as the political commissar of the southwest Sichuan provincial command, reports Nikkei Asia.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

