Coca-Cola Canada Bottling to invest $141 million in Brampton expansion
Ontario: Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Ltd. will invest $141 million to renovate and expand its flagship manufacturing, distribution and sales centre in Brampton, adding a new production line and creating construction jobs.
According to a government release, the expansion will introduce a production line capable of manufacturing at least 20 million additional cases annually.
The project is expected to create up to 500 jobs during the construction phase.
Premier Doug Ford described the investment as a vote of confidence in Ontario’s workforce and manufacturing sector.
The new production line will be built by Canadian tradespeople, with at least 75% of materials sourced domestically, according to the government.
Officials said the upgraded facility will increase production capacity and packaging capabilities and allow the company to bring new products to market more quickly.
The investment follows an $8 million upgrade to Coke Canada Bottling’s Hamilton distribution centre last year.
Vic Fedeli, Ontario’s minister of economic development, job creation and trade, said the expansion strengthens the province’s position as a major food and beverage manufacturing jurisdiction in North America.
According to a statement, Coke Canada Bottling has invested more than $230 million in its Brampton operations since becoming an independent, family-owned company seven years ago.
The facility employs more than 1,300 workers and services over 7,000 customers from Kitchener to Oshawa. Products manufactured at the site are distributed across Ontario and eastern Canada.
Todd Parsons, chief executive officer of Coke Canada Bottling, said the investment will add digital manufacturing enhancements to improve operational flexibility.
The Ontario government said the province has attracted more than $213 billion in investment since 2018 and created one million jobs during that period.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Trump signs 10 percent global tariffs after SC rejects his global import taxes
US President Donald Trump has imposed a fresh 10 percent global tariff, replacing the sweeping duties that were struck down earlier by the US Supreme Court.

India envoy says Canada trade deal possible within one year ahead of the Carney visit
Ottawa: India's High Commissioner to Canada, Dinesh K. Patnaik, said a comprehensive trade agreement between Ottawa and New Delhi could be finalised within the next 12 months, The Canadian Press reported.

'Disaster for US workers': Donald Trump slams Supreme Court ruling striking down his tariffs
US President Donald Trump strongly criticized the Supreme Court on Friday after the justices struck down his sweeping tariffs, calling the ruling “outrageous” and a setback for American economic security.

Trump considers limited strike on Iran amid naval buildup, as talks continue in Geneva
US President Donald Trump indicated on Friday that he is considering a limited military strike on Iran, following a major naval deployment to the Middle East aimed at pressuring Tehran to reach an agreement on its nuclear program, media reports said.
Latest News

Inside PM Modi’s grand musical evening: Tabla maestro Prodyut Mukherjee captivates global leaders

OpenAI chief Sam Altman says AI will reshape jobs — but society will adapt

Trump signs 10 percent global tariffs after SC rejects his global import taxes

India envoy says Canada trade deal possible within one year ahead of the Carney visit

