Death toll from Israeli strikes on Gaza exceeds 109 in a single day after fighting resumes
The death toll from Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip on Friday has exceeded 109, the enclave's Health Ministry said.
Earlier in the day, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it had resumed fighting against the Hamas movement in the Gaza Strip, saying it had violated the humanitarian pause by opening fire on Israeli territory.
"The death toll from Israeli aggression has risen to 109 people and hundreds of wounded since the end of the truce this morning," the ministry said in a statement.
The fighting in Gaza resumed after a week after the truce between Israel and Hamas ended and casualties were reported in the first few minutes after the fighting resumed.
Israel vowed to uproot Hamas after the deadly October 7 attack. Over 14,000 have died in Israeli airstrikes over Gaza.
Israel's all-out ground and air assault in Gaza has brought the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) back into focus.
In 2021, Israel launched 'Operation Guardians of the Wall' in its offensive against Palestinians in Gaza. The 11-day fighting is also known as the 'First AI war'. The data gathered from AI tools were used to strike targets in Gaza.
[With UNI inputs]
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

