Four Bangladeshi nationals die as fire breaks out in Abu Dhabi factory
Abu Dhabi: At least Bangladeshi citizens died as a fire broke out at a sofa manufacturing factory in Abu Dhabi city of the UAE.
The fire was reported in the factory of Yusuf Furniture in Sanaiyat, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, on Tuesday morning, reports Dhaka Tribune.
The deceased were identified as Md Yusuf Miah, 45, son of Abdul Kader, Tarek Hossain Badol, 42, son of Mir Hossain, and Md Rasel, 26, son of Abdul Wahab, hailing from Tarabaria village under ward No 2 of Dumurua union in Senbagh upazila of Noakhali, and Md Sumon from Comilla's Nangalkot upazila.
Golam Rasul, the younger brother of the deceased Yusuf, told the newspaper: "My elder brother had been in the Emirates for 25 years. He worked in a factory in Sharjah. It is not yet known for sure how the fire originated. After the fire, our relatives in that country informed us over the phone in the afternoon that four people including my brother had died.”
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

