France: Six airports evacuated amid bomb threats
Six French airports were evacuated on Wednesday (October 18, 2023) amid bomb threats, media reports said.
The evacuations at Lille, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Toulouse and Beauvais airport near Paris would allow authorities to "clear up any doubts" that the threats might be real, sources told AFP news agency.
Interestingly, the Palace of Versailles, which is considered one of the major tourist attractions in the country, was evacuated because of a security scare for the third time in five days.
The official X page of the Palace of Versailles posted: "Dear visitors, for security reasons, the Palace of Versailles is evacuating visitors. Thank you for your understanding."
A spokesman for France's DGAC aviation authority confirmed to France 24 that evacuations over bomb warnings only at Lille, Lyon, Toulouse and Beauvais, and was unable to give further details immediately.
According to a post on the X page of Nice Airport, flight service was disrupted after abandoned baggage was found in terminal 1.
"Following an abandoned baggage item in terminal 1, a security perimeter was set up to allow the usual checks to be carried out. The situation has now returned to normal," the official X handle posted.
France has raised its security alert to the highest level within the last week amid the escalating conflict between Israel and the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas, reports Variety.
The country was left shocked recently when a teacher was murdered in the French city of Arras.
Anti-terrorism prosecutors are currently investigating the case.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

He doesn’t fight evil, he destroys it! Nandamuri Balakrishna's Akhanda 2 teaser unleashes divine fury

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5

UN alerts: Global measles cases surge as 30 million children miss vaccines

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon

