Gold jewellery stolen from shrine of Pakistan's Lal Shahbaz Qalandar, manager booked
The Sindh Auqaf Department in Pakistan has booked one of its managers and a private person in the First Information Report (FIR) for allegedly stealing gold and silver jewellery from Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar's shrine.
The case was registered at Sehwan police station, Jamshoro district, on Saturday, a day after Auqaf manager, Muhammad Zubair Baloch, was suspended from his job after serving at the shrine for over 12 years, reported The Express Tribune.
A private employee, Ali Raza Gopang, was also named in the FIR along with Baloch under sections 407, 409, 380, 457, 427 and 34 of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC), the newspaper reported.
Gopang has not been arrested so far.
He reportedly escaped from the city after the incident was unearthed.
The complainant, Irshad Ali Samo, Auqaf administrator for Sukkur and Larkana divisions, told police that over 57 tolas of gold and 3,133 tolas of silver have been stolen from the shrine’s maalkhana [store], the news channel reported.
He stated that the shrine received 210.6 tolas of gold in a span of almost 20 years from November 22, 2004, to August 17, 2023.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

