Hamas commander, who held 1,000 as hostages in Gaza hospital, killed in Israeli airstrike, claims IDF
Gaza: The Israeli military has claimed that it killed a top Hamas commander Ahmed Siam, who according to Israel Defence Forces (IDF) held almost 1,000 people and patients as hostages in a Gaza hospital, preventing them from escaping to safety.
Siam, identified as a commander in Hamas's Naser Radwan Company, was killed in an airstrike conducted by Israel, according to IDF.
In a tweet on X, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) also alleged that Siam employed civilians as human shields in terrorist activities.
IDF aircraft just struck Ahmed Siam, responsible for holding approximately 1,000 Gazan residents and patients hostage at the Rantisi Hospital, and preventing their evacuation southward.
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) November 11, 2023
Siam was a commander in Hamas' Naser Radwan Company, and is another example of Hamas using… pic.twitter.com/RGJAISFjxL
While expanding its ground operations against Hamas in Gaza last month, Israeli forces have eliminated several Hamas operatives linked to the October 7 attacks, during which the Palestinian group launched an unprecedented assault on Israel.
Palestinian militant group killed 1,200 people in its surprise assault, while over 10,000 lives have been lost in Gaza in the counter-offensive by Israel.
Earlier this month, Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant urged the residents of the Palestinian enclave to identify and eliminate Hamas's Gaza chief, Yahya Sinwar, stating that doing so "would shorten the war."
"We will get to (Hamas Gaza chief) Yahya Sinwar and eliminate him. If the residents of Gaza get there ahead of us, that will shorten the war," he said, adding, "Hamas has no limits".
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his military cabinet have dismissed appeals for a ceasefire, even as the global community expresses concerns over the repercussions of the ongoing fighting and the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Gaza.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

Massive U-turn! Mamata Banerjee finally bows to Centre’s Waqf law after months of fierce resistance

Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

