Hamas will not negotiate release of hostages until Israel’s operation ends
Gaza/IBNS/UNI: Hamas Saturday said that it would not negotiate a hostage exchange until Israel ended its military operation in the Gaza Strip.
"The Hamas movement reiterates its position not to conduct any negotiations on the exchange of prisoners until the military operation against our people finally ends," the Palestine group said in a statement.
On October 7, Palestinian movement Hamas launched a large-scale rocket attack against Israel from the Gaza Strip across the border, killing over 1,200 people and abducting some 240 others.
Israel launched retaliatory strikes, ordered a complete blockade of Gaza, and launched a ground incursion into the Palestinian enclave with the declared goal of eliminating Hamas fighters and rescuing the hostages.
Over 18,700 people have been killed so far in Gaza as a result of the conflict, according to local authorities.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organisation (WHO), reiterated his call on Friday for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.
Tedros appealed at an annual press conference organized by the Association of Accredited Correspondents at the United Nations in Geneva.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

