IMF allows disbursement of 700 mln USD to economic-crisis-hit Pakistan
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) completed the first review of Pakistan's economic reform program supported by the IMF's Stand-By Arrangement (SBA), allowing for an immediate disbursement of about 700 million U.S. dollars, the IMF said Thursday.
Following the Board's decision, the total disbursements under the arrangement get to around 1.9 billion U.S. dollars, the IMF said in a statement.
Pakistan's 9-month SBA was approved by the Executive Board in July last year, in the amount of about 3 billion U.S. dollars at the time of approval, aimed to provide a policy anchor for addressing domestic and external balances and a framework for financial support from multilateral and bilateral partners, said the statement.
The economic activity has stabilized in Pakistan, although the outlook remains challenging and dependent on the implementation of sound policies, it added.
(With UNI INputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

