Iran condemns Israel's assassination of senior Hezbollah commander Wissam Hassan Tawil
The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman on Monday strongly condemned Israel's assassination of a senior Hezbollah commander in southern Lebanon, denouncing it as a "despicable terrorist operation."
Nasser Kanaani made the remarks in a statement, reacting to the killing of Wissam Hassan Tawil, a high-level commander from Hezbollah's elite Radwan forces, and another Hezbollah member, Adham Cherri, earlier on Monday by an Israeli drone attack targeting their car in the village of Khirbet Selm.
The spokesman warned the international community and the United Nations about the consequences of Israel's "blatant and adventurist bids to widen the scopes of the regional conflict," saying "Israel's war crimes against Palestinian civilians in Gaza and the West Bank are concurrent with its violations of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Lebanon and Syria" and its "flagrant resorting to organized terrorism has posed a danger to regional and international peace and security."
He stressed that Israel and its supporters were no doubt responsible for the consequences of such "terrorist and adventurist moves."
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

