Iran launches aerial strikes on two terrorist bases in Pakistan, Islamabad claims 'unprovoked violation' of airspace killed two children
Iran on Tuesday claimed it conducted missile and drone attacks which destroyed two strongholds of the terrorist group Jaish al-Adl in the border town of Panjgur in Pakistan's Balochistan region, prompting protest from the neighbouring nation.
"Two key strongholds of the Jaysh al-Dhulm (Jeysh al-Adl) terrorist group in Pakistan have been obliterated through precision missile and drone strikes," reported Iran's Tasnim News Agency.
Last month, members of the terror group allegedly stormed a police station in Sistan and Balouchestan province’s city of Rask, southeast of Iran, which resulted in the death of 11 Iranian Police forces.
Pakistan condemns
Pakistan condemned Iran for violating Pakistan’s sovereignty and claimed two children were killed in the attack.
In its statement, Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said: "Pakistan strongly condemns the unprovoked violation of its airspace by Iran and the strike inside Pakistani territory which resulted in the death of two innocent children while injuring three girls."
🔊: PR NO. 1️⃣5️⃣/2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣4️⃣
— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) January 16, 2024
Pakistan’s Strong Condemnation of the Unprovoked Violation of its Air Space
🔗⬇️https://t.co/TAWRqC7qMy pic.twitter.com/oqi3tvAOso
"This violation of Pakistan's sovereignty is completely unacceptable and can have serious consequences," it said.
Pakistan described Iran's action as an 'illegal act'.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

