Israel Defense Forces says top Hamas commander involved in last week's attack killed
The Israel Defense Forces on Saturday said a top Hamas commander, who was involved in last week's attacks, was killed when fighter jets struck an operational headquarters used by the group over the past day, media reports said.
The deceased commander was identified as Hamas Aerial System head Merad Abu Merad.
Also Read: Armed Hamas members are seen playing with abducted Israeli children in IDF-released video
“During the strike IDF fighter jets killed Merad Abu Merad, who was the head of the Hamas Aerial System in Gaza City and was largely responsible for directing terrorists during the massacre on Saturday,” the IDF was quoted as saying by CNN.
The IDF told the American news channel that its fighter jets also conducted wide-scale strikes throughout the Gaza Strip on Friday against dozens of Hamas targets and “Nukhba” operatives, who were one of the leading forces that breached the border perimeter and led the infiltration into Israel last Saturday.
In his X post, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Avichay Adraee said Murad Abu Murad played a major role in the attack on Israel last Saturday, which killed more than 1,300 people.
Since this round of attacks between Hamas and Israel began on Saturday (October 7, 2023), Israel has launched hundreds of airstrikes against targets in the Gaza Strip.
So far, more than 1,500 Palestinians and more than 1,300 Israelis have been killed, Xinhua reported.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

Suspected child lifter from Bihar severely assaulted by mob in Teliamura

He doesn’t fight evil, he destroys it! Nandamuri Balakrishna's Akhanda 2 teaser unleashes divine fury

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5

