Israel-Hamas conflict: Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev announces $1.5 million to UNRWA to provide assistance to residents of Gaza strip
Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev has announced the allocation of $1.5 million to the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) to provide all possible assistance to the residents of the Gaza Strip.
“As you know, the armed clashes between the Israeli army and the Hamas movement are aggravating the humanitarian crisis and leading to numerous casualties among civilians, innocent people," the President said.
"We express our strong solidarity with the people of Palestine and support their right to establish their own independent state in accordance with previously adopted resolutions of the General Assembly and the UN Security Council," he said.
He asked both Israel and Hamas to reach an immediate humanitarian truce cessation of hostilities, and a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
"We must together protect our peaceful and tranquil life, the atmosphere of unity and mutual understanding that reigns in our country, which is our greatest strength and priceless wealth,” he urged the youth of Uzbekistan.
Israel has been bombing Gaza since Oct 7 when Hamas attacked the neighbouring nation on Oct 7.
.jpg)
The Hamas-run Ministry of Health reports that over 8,300 people have been killed in Gaza since 7 October, including 3,547 children, 2,136 women and 480 elderly persons.
Latest figures released by the UN Palestine refugee agency (UNRWA) which has around 13,000 staff working in Gaza, put the extent of the humanitarian crisis into stark relief.
670,000 internally displaced are sheltering in 150 UNRWA installations.
(Images courtesy: File and UNICEF/Mohammad Ajjour)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

UN alerts: Global measles cases surge as 30 million children miss vaccines

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon

Tota, Abir and Mimi to star in Srijit Mukherji’s new film ‘Emperor vs Sarat Chandra’

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

