'Israel has a right to defend itself': Joe Biden offers support after Hamas' attack
Washington/IBNS: US President Joe Biden Saturday said the United States was ready to offer "all appropriate means of support" to Israel in the face of the large-scale attack from pro-Iran group Hamas and warned "any other party hostile to Israel" not to seek advantage.
"The world is seeing appalling images. Thousands of rockets raining down on Israeli cities. Hamas terrorists killing not only Israeli soldiers, but civilians on the streets and in their homes. It’s unconscionable. Israel has a right to defend itself – full stop," Biden said.
We have the right to defend ourselves, and we will 🇮🇱 https://t.co/IR7A6s6G4o
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) October 8, 2023
The number of people killed in Israel amid the escalation of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict has exceeded 300, and over 1,500 people have been injured, media reports said.
Israel at War: More than 300 dead and IDF fights back
— The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) October 7, 2023
Follow all the #OperationIronSwords live updates from The Jerusalem Post.https://t.co/tZK8boI4eL pic.twitter.com/YhR1T0F905
Biden spoke on phone to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday to offer U.S. support.
Photo courtesy: YouTube Screenshot
The two leaders have had strained relations but met in New York last month in a showing of solidarity.
Also Read: Israel At War: Live Blog
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to reduce its Gaza hideouts to "rubble". In Gaza, more than 230 have been killed in Israel's response.
Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to avenge what he said was a "black day" for Israel, saying the army will strike back at Hamas in Gaza with full force.
"The IDF (army) is about to use all its force to destroy Hamas's capabilities. We'll strike them to the bitter end and avenge with force this black day they brought on Israel and its people," he said.
"We will make Hamas pay a price they have never paid before." - @IDF Spokesperson LTC (Res.) @jconricus said early Sunday morning.#Israel | #IsraelUnderAttack |#operationswordofIRON pic.twitter.com/xikpHYDOnh
— The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) October 7, 2023
The United States will continue to provide Israel close and deep intelligence sharing amid the escalation in Gaza, a senior US administration official said during a conference call.
"We will continue to provide Israel with support during this critical time, including close, deep intelligence sharing," the US official said on Saturday.
Israel was hit by an unprecedented rocket attack from the Gaza Strip on Saturday morning. The Israeli army said Hamas fired more than 3,000 rockets, adding that dozens of Hamas troops infiltrated border areas in southern Israel.
The Israeli military has since sent troops to the southern territories to reconquer them from the Palestinian forces.
Israeli media reported earlier in the day that over 300 people were killed and more than 1,500 others were injured in Israel as a result of the escalation of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. At the same time, the Palestinian Health Ministry said that more than 195 people have been killed and over 1,600 injured in Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

Suspected child lifter from Bihar severely assaulted by mob in Teliamura

