Israel targets Hamas underground tunnels in Gaza as Benjamin Netanyahu govt expands ground operations
Israeli forces executed several Hamas operatives and targeted their underground tunnels during their ground operations in Gaza on Monday, the counry's military said in their latest update on their war against the Palestinian group.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government has expanded ground operations in Gaza and ruled out any ceasefire in the war that started on October 7 following a terror attack by Hamas that killed 1,400 in Israel.
"Over the last day, during ground operations: Numerous Hamas terrorists have been eliminated, the IAF struck terrorist targets and infrastructure, IDF combat forces struck approximately 300 targets, including anti-tank missiles posts, rocket launch posts, terrorist compounds inside underground tunnels," posted the Israel Defense Forces on X, formerly Twitter.
Over the last day, during ground operations:
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) October 31, 2023
🔻Numerous Hamas terrorists have been eliminated.
🔻The IAF struck terrorist targets and infrastructure.
🔻IDF combat forces struck approximately 300 targets, including:
• Anti-tank missiles posts.
• Rocket launch posts.
•… pic.twitter.com/RymFDCFrw1
The death toll from Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip has exceeded 8,500 and over 21,000 people have been injured, the Palestinian Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
The UN earlier in the day said that Gaza has become a “graveyard” for children with thousands now killed under Israeli bombardment, while more than a million face dire shortages of essentials and a lifetime of trauma ahead.
UN relief chief Martin Griffiths, who has been visiting Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory, spoke to families in Gaza over the phone from east Jerusalem on Tuesday and said that what they have endured since the start of Israel’s retaliation for Hamas’ deadly 7 October attacks is “beyond devastating”.
However, Benjamin Netanyahu Monday said that a ceasefire in its war with Gaza "will not happen" as it would mean "to surrender" to Hamas.
Speaking at a press conference, Netanyahu said that other countries must provide more help in the struggle to free more than 230 hostages seized by Hamas in its October 7 attacks.
He said the international community must demand the captives "be freed immediately, unconditionally".
On October 7, Palestinian movement Hamas launched a surprise large-scale rocket attack against Israel from the Gaza Strip.
Israel launched retaliatory strikes and ordered a complete blockade of the Gaza Strip, home to more than 2 million people, cutting off supplies of water, food, and fuel.
The escalation of the conflict has resulted in thousands of people being killed and injured on both sides.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

UN alerts: Global measles cases surge as 30 million children miss vaccines

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon

Tota, Abir and Mimi to star in Srijit Mukherji’s new film ‘Emperor vs Sarat Chandra’

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

