Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu says over 100 Palestinian militants killed over past week
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that in the past week, over 100 Palestinian militants were killed by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), with dozens being killed daily.
Netanyahu made the remarks at the start of a government meeting at the Kirya military base in Tel Aviv.
"Last week they (the troops) eliminated over 100 terrorists ... Dozens of terrorists were eliminated on a daily basis, sometimes even more than this. We will eliminate Hamas, bring back our hostages, and win the war," he said.
An IDF statement released later in the day showed that Israeli soldiers are continuing to operate in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip. The soldiers are coordinating operations with armored, engineering, and air forces units to locate and destroy infrastructure and kill Palestinian militants in close-quarters combat scenarios.
At the Sunday meeting, talking about the national backing to the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict, Netanyahu noted that 9 billion shekels (about 2.5 billion U.S. dollars) have been conveyed to the reservists and their families, and the state also supports the reservists' right to be elected.
According to a statement from Israel's Government Press Office, the government on Sunday unanimously approved the signing of an order to postpone local elections until Feb. 27, 2024, which were supposed to be held in October this year.
The postponement was made as 688 reservists, who cannot be discharged, are running in 144 local authorities, said the statement, citing the IDF data.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

